ISI INSPECTION FEBRUARY 2016
FINTON HOUSE JUDGED EXCELLENT IN ALL AREAS.
To read the full report click on the ISI logo above.
Welcome from Headmaster Ben Freeman
Happiness is in abundance here. This is largely due to the strong family ethos that is Finton House, preserved by upholding the two founding principles of the school with a non-selective intake and a fully inclusive education. From the first day in our Reception class, children are nurtured and guided through a range of quality learning experiences, leaving us at the end of Year 6 as confident, caring and responsible young people with a love for learning. Our highly successful record of entry into first choice schools at 11+, including a high percentage of scholarships and awards, is something we are very proud of. Pupils of all ability thrive at Finton House.
The happy faces of the pupils and staff throughout this website are not staged, they are just an honest reflection of this secure and caring learning environment. Look out for the specialist facilities enjoyed by Science, Design & Technology, Music and Art as well as the large sports field where children of all ages are coached in a variety of sport and enjoy a full fixture list.
To truly understand the popular appeal of a Finton education, please go to the Admissions page for details of our forthcoming open events for prospective families. I look forward to welcoming you to Finton House soon.
- Year 2 were FABULOUS in The Mystery of Magpie Manor. Twenties super-sleuthing at its best, with a Charlston thrown in!
- Year 4 are in Stratford Upon Avon to learn about Shakespeare and Tudor History.
- WELL DONE to our swimmers in the English Schools Swimming Association national relay finals - 4TH POSITION!
- The Queen's 90th Birthday was celebrated in style with a whole school picnic on Trinity Fields followed by traditional party games. There are more photos on the Parent Gateway.
- Science Morning was a huge success. The theme was "Healthy Me" and pupils across the school focused on the effects of exercise and a healthy diet. The morning culminated in the creation of a giant fruit salad that was enjoyed by everyone!
- 1M acted out their favourite class story "Tiddler" for their assembly.
- Following the success of their Tudor concert, Year 4 visited Hampton Court Palace to learn more about the Tudors.
- Year 2 went on a mini-beast hunt on Wandsworth Common.
- IAPS National Swimming Finals 2016- Gold Medallists in the 8X25m Freestyle Relay!
- Check out our HAPPY video! Created by the prefects last term it is a testament to the way we all feel about our school! Click on our happy girls below to view. It can also be viewed on nappyvalley.net