ISI INSPECTION FEBRUARY 2016
FINTON HOUSE JUDGED EXCELLENT IN ALL AREAS.
To read the full report click on the ISI logo above.
Welcome from Headmaster Ben Freeman
Happiness is in abundance here. This is largely due to the strong family ethos that is Finton House, preserved by upholding the two founding principles of the school with a non-selective intake and a fully inclusive education. From the first day in our Reception class, children are nurtured and guided through a range of quality learning experiences, leaving us at the end of Year 6 as confident, caring and responsible young people with a love for learning. Our highly successful record of entry into first choice schools at 11+, including a high percentage of scholarships and awards, is something we are very proud of. Pupils of all ability thrive at Finton House.
The happy faces of the pupils and staff throughout this website are not staged, they are just an honest reflection of this secure and caring learning environment. Look out for the specialist facilities enjoyed by Science, Design & Technology, Music and Art as well as the large sports field where children of all ages are coached in a variety of sport and enjoy a full fixture list.
To truly understand the popular appeal of a Finton education, please go to the Admissions page for details of our forthcoming open events for prospective families. I look forward to welcoming you to Finton House soon.
- Following the success of their Tudor concert, Year 4 visited Hampton Court Palace to learn more about the Tudors.
- Year 2 went on a mini-beast hunt on Wandsworth Common.
- Proud parents came in to Reception to share in their children's achievements.
- Who knew there were so many accomplished musicians in Year 4? Thank you to all of them for a very special Tudor Concert on Wednesday evening at Trinity Road Chapel. More photos are available to parents on the Parent Gateway.
- Year 6 spent the day at Mont St Michel
- IAPS National Swimming Finals 2016- Gold Medallists in the 8X25m Freestyle Relay!
- Climbing up hills and down slate mines in Wales. More photos are available for Year 5 parents on the Parent Gateway.
- Elections for Mayor of London.
- Congratulations to our two winners in the Fourth Plinth Competition for Schools, who attended the prizegiving ceremony last Thursday at City Hall. Prizes were presented by Claire Lilley, Director of Programme at Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Jacob won in the age category 8-11 years, and Tom was the winner in the Borough of Wandsworth.
- Finton Swimmers in National Finals! Congratulations to the swimming squad who have qualified to represent London in the national relay finals in Sheffield in June.
- Check out our HAPPY video! Created by the prefects last term it is a testament to the way we all feel about our school! Click on our happy girls below to view. It can also be viewed on nappyvalley.net