The school motto “Open Hearts and Guiding Hands” sums up the warm and caring relationships that we aim to promote in order to deliver the best education.
Finton House was founded in 1987 as a charitable trust with two principles in mind. Firstly, that children joining Reception should not have to face the pressures of a competitive entry system. Secondly that of providing an inclusive environment, where all children, including those with specific needs, have the same opportunities. These principles underpin the educational experience at Finton House.
At Finton House:
- Everyone feels safe, happy and valued in a community that promotes lifelong health and wellbeing.
- Children of all abilities, including the most able and those with special educational needs, are nurtured and challenged to make excellent personal and academic progress.
- The education is broad, inclusive and inspiring, enhanced by technology as well as making use of the outdoors.
- Children are prepared for the next stage of their education in a positive and stimulating environment.
- Children discover their own strengths and passions in order to flourish in a rapidly changing world.
These aims are achieved through:
Developing a culture of responsible, caring and happy people
We protect and enhance the wellbeing of the entire Finton community and beyond, by:
- Embedding the Finton Goals of self-belief, kindness, respect, communication, curiosity, resilience and doing the right thing.
- Continuing to enhance our inclusive provision.
- Promoting and embedding diversity across the school.
- Encouraging and modelling behaviours that help protect and sustain the local and global environment.
Creating a dynamic and diverse learning environment
We offer exciting opportunities for learning by:
- Developing use of the latest technology, to enhance teaching and learning and foster creativity.
- Ensuring that the physical environment is designed and maintained to the highest standard.
- Providing access to a range of external facilities and, when and where possible, be involved in their development.
Providing a broad, inclusive and inspiring education
We develop the education we provide by:
- Challenging all pupils to ensure maximum personal and academic progress.
- Providing an exciting, relevant and broad curriculum.
- Offering a varied and stimulating extra-curricular programme.
- Preparing pupils to succeed in a rapidly changing world, whilst nurturing their well-being.
Ensuring the longevity of Finton House
As a non-profit making charitable trust, we ensure Finton House remains a first–choice school by:
- Investing in staffing, facilities and resources.
- Controlling our costs to ensure good value for money.
- Seeking alternative sources of income to help mitigate fee increases.
- Ensuring the local community benefits from our charitable aims.