Classes at Finton House are made up of children of a wide range of abilities and educational needs and some children may need specific support in particular areas or a personalised programme.
Pupils have access to a wide range of learning resources, which are used to enhance their successes and progress. Learning difficulties are identified and support is put in place as early as possible.
Working in close partnership with parents we aim to provide co-ordinated support from teaching staff, peripatetic therapists, Learning Support teachers, assistants and outside agencies.
What we have to offer:
- Two dedicated SENCOs with responsibility for overseeing the provision for all children with special educational needs.
- Small groups for literacy and numeracy.
- Early Intervention groups for Reception, Year 1 & Year 2.
- Extra-curricular groups to support children’s physical and social development and emotional well-being
- A team of specialist peripatetic Learning Support teachers who provide 1:1 support.
- Part time peripatetic Speech and Language Therapist.
- Part time peripatetic Occupational Therapist.
- Ongoing professional development for all staff to ensure they are up to date with current SEN policies and provision.
- Specialist working space – purpose built Learning support suite of rooms, fully fitted Occupational Therapy room.
Booklet About Learning Support | PDF